BookkeeperThe Performing Arts Center of Suffolk County (The Gateway), is the oldest professional theater on Long Island located in Bellport Village, New York, and offers year-round programming in theatrical entertainment and education. The Main Stage Season offers Broadway-caliber musicals and plays using talent from Actors Equity Association and musicians from Local 802. The Gateway is a 5019c3 non-profit organization committed to giving back to its community.
The Gateway, Performing Arts Center of Suffolk County is an equal opportunity employer providing equal access and equal opportunity in employment and services and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, or physical ability. Our mission is to enrich a wide range of communities with quality theatrical experiences through diverse arts, entertainment, and educational programs. We endeavor to serve these communities in a fiscally responsible manner, provide affordable resources to schools and non-profit organizations, and ensure the future of the theatrical arts in our community.
The position of the bookkeeper has a primary responsibility of performing various accounting duties related to the efficient maintenance of accounts payable transactions, cash and invoice receipts, and will also perform other tasks as required. The Gateway is looking for an organized, detail-oriented individual who possesses a professional work ethic. Interest in theater is a plus.
- Maintaining invoices and receipts and entering them into Quickbooks to ensure the accuracy of the company's expense classification system for sorting based on departments and productions to guarantee appropriate entry
- Processing due invoices for payment and ensuring bills are entered in a timely and accurate manner while adhering to departmental procedures
- Conduct an outstanding payment analysis on a regular basis
- Establish and maintain relationships with new and existing vendors, internal departments heads, and staff
- Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards
- Maintain all applicable reports, spreadsheets, files, and documentation thoroughly and accurately
- Assist staff members in understanding and managing their departments’ financial progress through timely reports and monthly budget reviews
- Respond to inquiries from vendors and internal departments regarding the status of invoices or expense reports and resolve outstanding balances and issues
- Assist auditors in the completion of the annual audit
- Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or a related field or practical experience in accounting
- Proficiency in Quickbooks
- Strong working knowledge of accounting principles, financial statements, and accounting systems
- Exceptional computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel) and data entry
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and written communication skills
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17 - $20
- Monday to Friday
- 8-hour shift
- Day Shift
COVID-19 Policy: Must be in compliance with our company COVID-19 Policy, such as being fully vaccinated and boosted; as well as wearing a mask.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to HR@TheGateway.org with “(YOUR NAME): Bookkeeper” listed in the subject line. No phone calls, please.